Happy New Year Everyone!
Hope we’re all feeling good on this beautiful New Year’s morning. I have been in Yardley, Pennsylvania for the past week and I am more than ready to go home to Florida this afternoon! Unfortunately my New Years Day includes a sixteen-hour car ride. So here’s to hoping your New Years Day will be better than mine. In the mean time here are my New Years Resolutions…maybe they can motivate you!
1. Perfect my vegetarian diet. The month of December showed me that it is possible to be a vegetarian and eat next to no vegetables. Let me introduce you to my good friends cookies, macaroni and cheese, and bread. I am literally ruling out any form of sweets for one month. The sad part is I don’t care because I don’t even want to see a cookie until next Christmas…well that is a lie. But you get the idea. All the “bad foods” aside I want to focus on eating fresh fruits and veggies and stick to the vegetarian food pyramid from now on.
2. Come to terms with the fact that I am a slow runner…but learn to love running anyway! Maybe 10 minute miles aren’t ideal for some, but for right now that is a comfortable pace for me, which is what is most important. In other running news, I have my training calendar set for The Disney Princess Half-Marathon in February and it starts Tuesday!
3. Be nicer to my brother and sister. If you know my brother and sister you need no explanation for this one. If not, well let’s just say they bring out a side of that I am not proud even exists.
4. Learn to play the guitar. I know this one is going to be a stretch but I really want to learn, really, really! Plus I know that I am seeing my Pop, who loves to play the guitar, not once but twice in the coming months! So hopefully he’ll be able to help/motivate me in this resolution!
5. Spend less, save more! I guess this counts for me and all other Americans. But truly I spend too much, in order for me to do fun things I need to stop with the unnecessary everyday purchases.
6. Start a blog! So far, so good… I guess. This has actually been a long way coming. I’ve wanted to start a blog, been told to start a blog, and literally started 2 other blogs, but never wrote a word. I love cooking, baking, running, and so many other things that I couldn’t commit to one blog type. So this is Your Daily Grace! I can’ t make any promises about what the exact content will be but I can promise I’ll mix it up and keep things interesting! I also always wanted my blog to be perfect before ever posting a word but clearly that approach didn’t work the first few attempts. So there will be some changes around here once I meet with my “webmaster” in a few days!
So, what are your New Years Resolutions? Do you have any helpful hints for any of mine? Comment and let me know! I would love to hear from you!